£110.00 – £210.00
Four-Day Hand Reflexology Diploma
Reflexology is an ancient concept, and it is believed that the Chinese developed the technique thousands of years ago.
Reflexology works by stimulating the body’s own healing mechanisms in order to restore balance and a feeling of wellbeing.
Based on the principle that the hands and feet are a map of the entire body, when the reflex points are stimulated, the therapist is treating the whole body. This Modern reflexology offers tremendous health benefits; it can help reduce stress, improve circulation, cleanse the body of toxins and raise energy levels..
This Four-day course comprises:
- Two days to learn theory, the routine and practice technique
- One day to review theory and technique + time for practice
- You will be required to complete and record 20 hours of case studies i.e. treat 4 people 5 times, or 5 people 4 times.
- Half a day for assessment (students have 6 months from initial training date to complete case studies and assessment)
- The history of Reflexology
- Principles and benefits of Reflexology
- Your working environment
- Code of practice and insurance for therapists
- Consultation process including contra-indications
- How to read the feet and map the reflexes onto the hands
- Contra-actions and aftercare advice
- How to carry out a pre and post-treatment massage
- The Reflexology treatment
- Anatomy & physiology specific to reflexology.
Please note – a Diploma in Anatomy & Physiology (or equivalent eg nursing or physio training) is required. We offer a home study course in A&P which can be studied at the same time as your Reflexology Diploma. You will need to have covered at least the first 4 units before you do the practical course. Your Reflexology certificate is not issued until the A&P is completed.
Assessment: Students have 6 months from initial training date to complete case studies and assessment otherwise you must repeat days 1&2 at further cost.
CPD points: 30 – 4 days: 18 – One-day
NEXT COURSE DATES: Please see “Course dates” – or contact us if no date listed
Cost: £450. Please pay a Booking fee of £110 to book your course; the balance of £340 is payable to your tutor.
Anatomy & Physiology also available at a reduced price of £100 when booked with this course
ALREADY QUALIFIED IN FOOT REFLEXOLOGY?
This course is also available as a One-day Advanced course at just £149 for qualified Reflexologists – see separate page for details.