Learn Sports Massage and Swedish Massage
SPORTS MASSAGE – 6 days
Sports Massage has a number of benefits including preventing injury, restoring mobility to injured muscle tissue, boosting performance, maintaining the body in overall better condition and extending the life of your athletic career.
This course begins with 2 full days of Swedish Massage, for which you receive a separate, fully-accredited, qualification. This is the foundation of all massage techniques and gives you a good platform for your massage practice.
The 3rd day of this 6-day course covers massage techniques for Pre-Sport and Post-Sport Massage, which warms up and cools down muscles, which sportspeople of all levels require to obtain and maintain the best performance possible.
- Health & Safety
- Hygiene and Sanitation
- Personal Appearance
- Personal Safety
- Introduction to Sports Massage
- Benefits of Sports Massage
- Consultation form
- Contra-actions /Aftercare advice
- Planning for a Sports Massage
- The Sports Massage Techniques
- Oils for Massage
- The Sports Massage Routines for:
- Sports Injuries
The 4th and 5th days of this course in Sports Massage concentrates on specific muscle groups and the Sports Massage routines to assist with:
- Iliotibial band syndrome
- Calf Strain
- Achilles Tendon
- Upper Back and neck
- Lower Back
A qualification in Anatomy & Physiology is also required.This is available free of charge, as a Distance Learning course, as part of your Sports Massage Package. (NOTE: There is NO reduction if you already have a qualification in A&P)
Attendance: 5 days + assessment day
Case studies: 20 treatments, to be done outside the classroom
Assessment: Students have THREE months from initial training date to complete case studies and assessment otherwise you must repeat Day 4 and 5 at a further cost of £200.
- CMA (Complementary Medical Association)
- IPHM (International Practitioners of Holistic Medicine)
- IAOTh (International Assoc. of Therapists)
- Also Professional Beauty Direct – if you already have a qualification in Sports Therapy
Insurance: Towergate, Balens, Westminster Indemnity
CPD points: 50
What is included:
- Training manual.
- Fully qualified tutor for the practical training
- 3 accredited diplomas on successful completion of the course (A&P, Swedish Massage, Sports Massage)
To Book: Contact us to arrange your dates, then pay the Booking Fee of £190 via this website. The balance of £505 is payable to your course tutor, no less than 10 days before the course starts.